England Netball has an exciting, ambitious vision for the future - we aspire to be a top 10 participation sport, the first choice team sport for women & girls and number one in the world.
As a result of our partnership with Sport England, we are building a high performing team to deliver our community netball outcomes and have introduced several new posts.
If you share the commitment to increase participation in the game and improve the quality of the player experience - as well as the passion, energy and work ethic to deliver our targets - we want to hear from you
Application Form (non-specific job roles)
Application Form (non-specific job roles) - Word version
Notes on Completing Application Form
Netball Development Officer- Staffordshire and South Staffordshire Organisation
England Netball Salary
Circa £22,000 per annum Location
Based at University of Wolverhampton (Walsall Campus) Type of Contract
Fixed Term until 31st March 2017 (FT 35 hrs/wk, Mon-Fri 9-5) Job Description
These are exciting times for England Netball as we are currently ranked No.3 in the World. With a growing membership and regular television coverage we are seeking to appoint a Netball Development Officer who is a high achiever and has the will to succeed in helping us take the next step to being a world leading Governing Body of Sport.
During the last year England Netball has won the Sport Governing Body of the year award, Team of the Year, Flame of Hope award and engaged thousands of Women through it’s Back to Netball programmes. We have engaged around 10,000 participants in one of the largest pieces of research ever conducted by the company and we are keen utilise the findings of our research to deliver an outstanding netball offer to all communities across England and continue to build on our successes.
If you share the commitment to increase participation in the game and improve the quality of the player experience as well as the passion, energy and work ethic to deliver our targets we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will work closely with the netball membership and partners in the County to develop and deliver the local plan for netball, within the context of the Regional and National Strategic Business Plans and best practice guidelines.
As Netball Development Officer you will focus on: developing netball for children and young people; helping clubs gain CAPS accreditation; organising back to netball groups and festivals; and promoting and organising suitable development opportunities for coaches, officials and volunteers. You will also contribute to the planning and organisation of regional events and help share good practice both within your own county and across the region
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Shelley Gudgeon, West Midlands Regional Manager on email@example.com or 07921699654. N.B THIS ROLE IS SUBJECT TO A SATISFACTORY DBS CHECK
For a full job description/person specification please click here
. Closing Date
Monday 6th October (5pm) Interview Date
15th-17th October at University of Wolverhampton (Walsall Campus), WS1 3BD.
Chief Executive, England Netball
England Netball is the National Governing Body of Sport (NGB) responsible for the growth and development of netball in England.
The Chief Executive is responsible to the Board of Directors for the effective planning, performance, direction and leadership of England Netball.
• Create a strong sense of purpose and direction within the sport, through visionary, enabling and coherent leadership.
• Lead, plan and manage the development and execution of England Netball’s Strategic Plan, Your Game Your Way in compliance with the Mission, statutory requirements and best practice guidelines.
• Promote and represent England Netball effectively to all internal and external stakeholders ensuring the integrity and protection of the organisation and its values, its brand image and policies and strategies.
• A proven track record in management and leadership within a SME business.
• Experience of working at Executive/Board level within either the public or private sector or Non-Executive Director/Trustee/Board of School Governors.
• Extensive knowledge of operating within a high performing environment.
• Experience of understanding and interpreting financial information.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit http://www.odgers.com/48305.