The 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Delivering Learning is designed to provide learners with an introduction to teaching and training in the further education and skills sector. It has been developed as an introduction to teaching for learners who do not require the larger industry standard introduction to teaching qualification, the 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
It is a knowledge-based teaching qualification which has no minimum teaching practice requirement, and therefore, it may be undertaken by individuals who are not currently in a teaching role.
By taking this course, you’ll become part of our casual tutor workforce across both Coaching and Officiating.
Who is the course for?
We are looking for empowering and passionate individuals who want to inspire the next generation of coaches and officials.
- Have strong Presentation Skills
- Have excellent time management
- Can deliver to a wide range of audiences
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have proven facilitation skills
- Can motivate themselves and others
- Be an ative UKCC Level 2 qualified netball coach (Coach Tutor) or B Award Umpire (Officiating Tutor)
- Be competent in setting up and operating Powerpoint presentations, using a laptop and projector
- Can create a positive and fun environment
- Be a positive ambassador for England Netball
- Have an inspiring approach to delivery
- Show commitment to equal opportunities
- Be able to work unsocial hours
We are specifically looking for workforce in the following regions:
- London and South East
- North East
- South West (Officiating Tutors Only)
- Yorkshire & Humberside
- East Midlands
What will I need to do?
You must be committed to delivering a minimum of twice per year, must attend all dates of the course and pass an assessment to qualify to become a tutor.
- 25th April 2020
- 26th April 2020
- 10th May 2020
Jury’s Inn, East Midlands Airport, Ashby Road, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2SH
How do I apply?
You must complete the 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Delivering Learning application form with a CV detailing how you meet the entry requirements and send it to email@example.com.
Deadline for the current application window is 5:00pm on Friday 28th February 2020.
There are a limited number of places on the course and candidates will be awarded a place based on current experiences and locality to priority areas. Successful candidates will be notified by Friday 6th March 2020. Payment will be required by Friday 27th March 2020. Those who gain a place on the course and are successful at assessment will then become a trainee Officiating or Coaching Tutor for a short period of time before becoming a Tutor.
For information regarding the journey to becoming a tutor please click here.
If you have any further questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.