Start your coaching journey with our UKCC Level 1 course, providing you as a learner with an introduction to coaching the game and working with players, from under 7 to open age. Following the completion of the course, you will be able to assist more qualified coaches in delivering aspects of coaching sessions.
Who is this course for?
Perfect for those over 16 years old, who wish to start coaching netball. You will need to have an understanding of the rules and a sound knowledge and experience of the game.
What will I need to do?
• Our Awarding Body now requires that each learner take an original form of photo ID to the assessment day. This can be a passport, driver’s license or ID card. Failure to do this, may prohibit you from taking your assessment.
• During the course you’ll be expected to take part in the practical game of netball. Reading the pre-course information and watching the DVD is essential to the course.
How do I book?
1. Fill out the booking form
2. Enter your postcode in our Course Finder
3. Once you find the course that you wish to attend, select ‘More’
4. Email your completed booking form to the individual under the ‘Organiser’ section
5. Await an email with payment details from the course organiser
By successfully completing the Level 1 coaching qualification, you’ll be able to:
- Assist more qualified coaches in delivering aspects of coaching sessions (normally under direct supervision)
- Learn more about the basics of the game
‘Fantastic course! I’m surprised at how much I learned! It has given me the confidence and skills to progress.’
‘I had an awesome time; quite tiring but loads of fun – even on the assessment day!’
Two days attendance is required at the course itself. There is also a small amount of pre-course work to do and you will need to practice a coaching session between days one and two.
Usually 9.00am – 6.00pm on both days.
Yes. Please bring lunch, any snacks you may require and plenty to drink.
Yes, your course will include an assessment, however, the assessments are not pass or fail situations. The aim of assessment within these qualifications is to assess your competency as you develop your skills. This will be at different stages along your course according to your individual ability and readiness. Assessments can be retaken if necessary.
The course has been designed to support your learning of which assessment is just one part of this.
This will not be possible because candidates are requested to participant in the whole day ‘as players’ for everyone to take their assessment. If you have any concerns or questions about this please contact us at email@example.com.
England Netball are able to invoice an organisation on receipt of a Purchase Order.
Your certificate will be posted once all your paperwork (theory and practical) has been signed off. This normally takes between 10-12 weeks.