The COVID-19 Officer is responsible for leading the development of a netball organisation’s COVID-19 risk assessment and risk mitigation plans.
They are also responsible for ensuring all relevant guidance is communicated and that the risk mitigation plan is reviewed, monitored and observed across the netball organisation.
Whilst there is one Lead COVID-19 Officer taking responsibility other COVID-19 Officers can support the development and management of this within a netball organisation.
What do I need to do?
- Visit the Before, During and After sections below to find checklists of recommended tasks for managing COVID-19 within netball matched with the corresponding support tool.
- Designed to make managing COVID-19 within your netball environment as easy as possible for you.
Printable Summary of recommended COVID-19 officer tasks (Updated 20.10.21)
What do netball organisations need to do?
Due to the continued prevalence of COVID-19, netball organisations must continue to complete the following actions before any netball activities:
- Read and understand the Managing COVID-19 within netball guidance in full and operate in line with it.
- Complete a risk assessment and risk mitigation plan for each specific activity/venue. This must reference the ways in which COVID-19 will be managed (templates can be found in ‘Before Netball Activity‘ section below)
- Have in place a COVID-19 Officer
- Consider the fitness levels of players (at all levels).
- Have in place clear communications with those involved in netball activity to ensure they understand the guidance, particularly around isolation and symptoms of COVID-19.
last updated January 2022
COVID-19 Hot Topics
Following feedback we have collated the COVID-19 Hot Topics, with clarification on a number of queries you have raised.
Head to our Frequently Asked Question page where we have compiled the answers to your COVID-19 queries.
Before Netball Activity
COVID-19 tasks, support tools and top tips to prepare a netball organisation for netball activity.
During Netball Activity
COVID-19 officer tasks, support tools and top tips whilst netball activity is occurring.
After Netball Activity
COVID-19 Officer tasks, support tools and top tips following netball activity.
Facility Advocacy Pack
Resources designed to help you create positive relationships with your local facility providers, to get your booking secured and get your organisation back on court.
Virtual Netball Club
Tour the Virtual Netball Club, your exclusive member only space, which gives you access to a range of exciting opportunities and content from live workouts with big netball stars to first to see interviews and coaching tips.
Guidance for Safeguarding
With the increased volume of virtual sessions and the netball world doing a brilliant job at connecting via digital platforms, it is important to remember safeguarding is still crucial. To help, our safeguarding team have pulled together some simple steps.