In addition to the opportunities available to volunteer as a coach or official, there are a huge number of roles you can get involved in to enrich lives through netball. We have provided a brief overview about some of these below:
A snapshot of other opportunities:
- Committees and leaders: There are large groups of off court teams who support ongoing activities like booking facilities right through to building strategies and developing local netball opportunities. These exist at school / college, university, club, league, county, regional and national levels. Areas of expertise needed on these committees can range from Finance (Treasurer), Governance, Safeguarding, Marketing & Communications, Competition, Coaching and Officiating, Volunteering.
- Match day and events: England Netball couldn’t deliver Events without the support of volunteers. Roles at events can include, flag bearing, ball patrol, event crew, hospitality, ticketing, media support and programme selling. In addition to the events England Netball run, Regions, Counties, Superleague Franchises have a number of opportunities at the competitions they deliver and the Vitality Netball Superleague Match Days.
- Session facilitators There are huge number of participants getting involved in netball more informally through offers like Netball Now and Walking Netball. We have a number of volunteers who started as a participant and now want to help us grow the sport. You could facilitate sessions like this through a club, partnerships we have with organisations Like the Women’s Institute or by contacting your local Netball Development Officer to set something up locally where there is demand.
- Area specific experts There are many volunteers who add specific skills and experience to netball as a one-off or through regular support. Opportunities could be at various levels of the game either within our performance offers through training as a Talent Identifier or more broadly supporting the development of our Para Netball offer as a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
We know that volunteers in netball are involved because they are passionate about our sport and want to feel a sense of achievement around what they support. We think it’s really important to ensure you consider what is most important to you about getting involved as this will help us tailor where to signpost you.
- Love to Lead*: you have been involved in netball or a specific area for a long time and have significant experience that could shape the future of the sport and how we do things through leading teams of volunteers.
- Love my Team*: You are passionate about keeping things local and want to make a difference with your local school, college, university, club, or Vitality Netball Superleague club.
- Love my Kids: Your child (children) are involved and you would like to get more involved.
- Love to Learn*: You are passionate about personal development and learning from your experiences or through the training opportunities available in netball.
- Love my Day: You would prefer to get involved with one-off opportunities like events and love the pressure and excitement involved in supporting these.
- Love to But: You want to get involved but are not sure you have time or where to start.
*When individuals are motivated in these areas many of the opportunities require you to be a member of England Netball, the Region and County you want to volunteer within. If you play this would already be covered within your playing membership, if you don’t play you can register as a playing or social & supporting member. Find out more here.
When you know what type of opportunity you are interested in and what your motivations are to get involved your best next steps are:
- Contact your Regional England Netball office to explore any current opportunities local netball organisations are recruiting for
- If you have a Vitality Netball Superleague club you support or netball club or league you are linked to you can ask who their volunteer coordinator is and if the need any help.
- You can email us at email@example.com with a brief update on what your motivations are and what help you need.
- If you are interested in volunteering at events (Love my Day): complete this registration form and someone will be in touch to let you know what event based opportunities are coming up.