Why is CAPS good for your club?
CAPS is a fantastic club development tool which enables you to develop a wide range of areas within your club. Working towards CAPS helps you to:
- Increase your membership numbers and retain them in the club
- Ensure you have the right amount of duty of care, adopting good practice for your young members
- Addresses important aspects of the club management
- Develop coaches, umpires and volunteers
- Develop links with local schools in your community
- Raise the profile of your club
- Finally, it asks you to plan how you want to improve your club and help delegate those actions
CAPS has three levels of accreditation: Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Bronze CAPS is the first level, incorporating the Clubmark criteria covering the areas of safeguarding and protecting children and young people, quality coaching and officiating, competition, talent development, sports equity and good management.
Silver and Gold CAPS are about demonstrating further quality across the areas of coaching, officiating, and developing volunteers. If you achieve Silver or Gold, you are demonstrating that you have met the minimum operating standards required for Clubmark but have also demonstrated a further commitment to ensuring a club environment which provides a higher quality of coaching, officiating, leadership and volunteering opportunities for the young people at your club.