Recognised & Authorised Netball Activities
England Netball only recognises certain versions of the game and therefore affiliated members/groups are only indemnified whilst playing, training, attending courses or carrying out activities in relation to the following recognised versions of the game:
- Netball – single gender full 7 aside version of the game in accordance with EN and/or INF (International Netball Federation) rules and regulations including:
- Back to Netball
- Netball Now
- Fast5 / FastNet – single gender 5/7 aside version of the game in accordance with EN and INF rules andregulations
- Versions of the games that are endorsed by EN in recognition of the participants’ disability.
- High 5 – mixed gender 5 aside version of the game for 9-11 year olds in accordance with EN rules and regulations
- Indoor Netball (or Nets) – mixed gender version of the game in accordance with EN and/or World Indoor Netball Association (WINA) rules and regulations.
- Mixed Netball (all versions listed above) at a recreational level. England Netball welcomes mixed netball as a growing recreational form of the game and the involvement of men in netball in all roles. The recreational form of the game is defined as the casual participation in a non-competitive or competitive game at a local or county level, where the result does not have a consequence on a league, tournament or series of games at a Regional Level or above.
- Walking Netball – single gender full 7 aside version of the game played at walking pace.
The policy applies to groups/individuals participating in the recognised and authorised versions of the game; England Netball does not always have jurisdiction over those providing recognised and authorised versions of the game to ensure that they are being delivered in a safe environment with adequate supervision.
Individuals should carry out their own risk assessment of the environment or activity prior to participating. Failure to carry out a risk assessment and participate in an inappropriate environment may result in any potential insurance claim being invalid. Please refer to the EN website for information relating to assessing playing environments,
events guidance and safeguarding for away trips and also in the case of mixed netball individuals are encouraged to take into account the physical differences between men and women when assessing a safe environment.
The policy also applies to Registered Leagues of England Netball where all clubs and participants are affiliated to EN when participating in versions of the game in accordance with EN and INF rules and regulations.