I Heart Netball Club
What is an I Heart Netball Club?
An I Heart Netball Club is for those colleges or sixth forms who already have a team and have more students wanting to play than they can accommodate. The club is run in addition to the team and provides the opportunity to take part in coaching sessions and the chance to play matches where possible. The club should provide a social environment where players can attend when they are able to.
Who is the I Heart Netball Club for?
An I Heart Netball Club is aimed at those students who enjoy netball and want to be able to play at college or sixth form, but don’t get on with or chose not to join the team so don’t get to participate in those coaching sessions or matches. It’s for those students who want to access coaching, match play and improve their skills.
- If you have a lot of students who attend trials for the team and do not make the squad then they could attend an I Heart Netball Club instead.
- The sessions are aimed at students who have played before and are confident in their skills but still want to improve and be coached.
- Sessions can be fitted into as much time (or as little) as you can access at your college, school or community facility.
- It is really important that the coach running the session ensures the right atmosphere during the sessions which is informal, relaxed and fun.
- During match play make sure students have the chance to play in the position of their choice.