Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 4 January 2021, which confirmed new national lockdown restrictions being introduced across England, all community netball will remain suspended until further notice. This includes clubs, leagues, local pathway activity and all England Netball programmes such as Back to Netball and Walking Netball. We will keep this guidance below live so that the Netball Family can continue to refer to it as we prepare to return netball. We will continue to support you throughout these uncertain times and thank you all for continued work in ensuring that netball will come back stronger.
Archive: The return of programmes:
England Netball has announced the positive step of receiving the green light from Government, accelerating the sport’s return to court. The health and safety of the Netball Family is our main priority and to avoid the spread of Coronavirus we’ve been planning and preparing for the gradual and safe return of programmes.
From the 18th August 2020, all programmes, can begin to return providing the following are in place;
- Appoint a COVID-19 Officer.
- Read the Restart Guidance.
- Produce a risk assessment.
- Produce and activate a risk mitigation plan.
- A Partnership Agreement with England Netball (please note this is required to be updated as all previous programme Partner Agreements have expired)
Any organisations that want to deliver Back to Netball, Walking Netball and Netball Now activity must apply for a new England Netball partnership agreement. This must be in place before any netball activity commences.
Due to the unique design of each of England Netball’s programmes, activities may progress along the Roadmap at a different pace pending evidence confirming sufficient mitigation of the risk of COVID-19 transmission during each activity. We will continue to add status updates here:
- Walking Netball: With an approved England Netball Partnership Agreement, Walking Netball activity can progress to Stage 4a Modified Training in bigger groups
- Back to Netball: With an approved England Netball partnership agreement, Back to Netball activity can progress to Stage 4a Modified Training in bigger groups; small sided games and friendly matches are permitted, in line with the COVID-19 rule modifications
- Netball Now: With an approved England Netball partnership agreement, Netball Now activity can progress to Stage 4a Modified Training in bigger groups; small sided games and friendly matches are permitted, in line with the COVID-19 rule modifications
Whilst programmes can commence, it may take some time to get levels of activity across the country back to where they were prior to the pandemic. This may mean in some areas there is limited availability of this activity. To support you through this period as we begin to unlock England Netball programmes further, we have developed some specific guidance. Click the relevant buttons below to find out more.
Whether you are recovering from an injury or are desiring a more social netball experience, we have plenty of groups and programmes on offer. Have a look and get involved!
A slower version of the game we all love; it is netball, but at a walking pace.
Back to Netball
Re-discover your love of netball and try it out for the first time in a fun, friendly and non-competitive environment.
Nets is an indoor variation of netball that is fast, non-stop and lots of fun.
Want to play a game of netball without the commitment to a club or league? Netball Now is for you.
A programme developed for U11s, all about friendship, inclusion, fair play and playing together. It's not about how good children are, it's about how hard they try to Bee!
Core Inclusive Clubs
Core Inclusive Clubs are a network of clubs throughout England that have a focus on disability and inclusion. Find a club near you!