Walking Netball Tutor
£120 per 6 hour workshop
Type of Contract
Walking Netball is currently England Netball’s fastest growing programme and it is capturing the interest of many women who didn’t think they would be taking to a netball court again! IN addition to this, England Netball is delighted to be working in partnership with the Women’s Institute (WI) to help their members ‘get their wiggle on’ and based on interest to date; we expect to see hundreds of WI’s joining in Walking Netball.
There are a number of rule adaptions within Walking Netball, and as well as netball, at the heart of the programme is a lot of fun, laughter and a real social feel; a cup of coffee is a must! Making all this happen is a fantastic workforce of Walking Netball Hosts who ensure the sessions are well run, safe, welcoming and of course passing on a few netball tips and tricks!
To ensure the programme continues to grow and ensure that there are sufficient Walking Netball Hosts across the country we are looking to grow our amazing tutor workforce. Tutors must have the following qualifications and importantly the skill set to be able to inspire future Walking Netball Hosts:
• Qualified teacher status or hold a recognised tutoring qualification
• Have brilliant communication and presentation skills
• Have a positive attitude and be able to demonstrate the attributes a great Walking Netball Host
should hold through their tutoring
• Share England Netball’s ambitions around increasing participation in netball using innovative
programmes such as Walking Netball
• Personable and able to interact with a wide range of people confidently
We plan to train these Tutors via one day tutor orientation workshops. These workshops will focus on enabling the Hosts to create a social and fun environment and break down the perceived barriers to taking part. It will be a largely practical day. These will be run on the following dates:
• Sunday 4th March, 10am – 4pm, in Loughborough
• Sunday 18th March, 10am – 4pm, in Manchester
• Wednesday 21st March, 10 am – 4pm, in Reading
Please note that further details regarding these orientation workshops will be sent if you are selected.
To become a Walking Netball Host Tutor, please complete the application form below and return it to: Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date of 5pm, 20th February 2018.
20th February 2018 5pm