Welcome to Workplace Netball!
Firstly, we would like to thank you for considering netball as an option to get you and your work colleagues more active!
Whether you’re a netballer who’s dragging your colleagues to regular netball sessions, or a health and fitness keen bean who wants to get your office moving, we’re glad you are looking at netball.
You will no doubt be aware of the number of health benefits that exercise has on individuals; from weight control, to reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease. Workplace netball provides a chance to let your hair down, get to know colleagues a bit better and have a laugh! It’s a team sport that lets you test out different skills, and support each other as colleagues and friends.
We have produced THIS GUIDE to help you and your colleagues on your netball journey. This guide provides tips on how to get involved in netball activity, where to get kit from and how to book a sports hall (amongst other things). Hopefully, the guide will provide answers to any questions you may have, but should you require any further advise or support, contact your local Netball Development Officer and/or Community Coach- their details can be found here.
After reading the guide, if you are still not convinced that netball is for you… remember the following…
- Exercising can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and help improve mental health and mood
- Active workplaces suffer from fewer sick days and workplace injuries
- The more active the workplace, the happier and more productive the workforce are!
- Team sports offer great networking opportunities within organisations
- Netball is a fantastically social, team sport
- You typically burn 450 calories per session
- It’s a whole body workout, and brilliant for increasing muscle tone
- It’s low cost
- It’s fun, and…
- … We are here to help you!