Your steps to joining the Netball Family
1. Consider what is motivating you to want to be involved in netball (Leading an area of expertise, supporting your local club/team, county, region or Vitality Netball Superleague club, the buzz of an event, being there for your kid(s) or learning more about netball).
2. We know that volunteers in netball are involved because they are passionate about our sport and want to feel a sense of achievement around what they support. We think it’s really important to ensure you consider what is most important to you about getting involved as this will help us tailor where to signpost you. The following categories may help.
- Love to Lead*: you have been involved in netball or a specific area for a long time and have significant experience that could shape the future of the sport and how we do things through leading teams of volunteers.
- Love my Team*: You are passionate about keeping things local and want to make a difference with your local school, college, university, club, or Vitality Netball Superleague club.
- Love my Kids: Your child (children) are involved and you would like to get more involved.
- Love to Learn*: You are passionate about personal development and learning from your experiences or through the training opportunities available in netball.
- Love my Day: You would prefer to get involved with one-off opportunities like events and love the pressure and excitement involved in supporting these.
- Love to But: You want to get involved but are not sure you have time or where to start.
3. Consider where you are based, how far you would travel and how much time you have/want to commit to volunteering.
4. View our volunteering roles .
5. When you know what type of opportunity you are interested in and what your motivations are to get involved your next steps are:
- Contact your Regional England Netball office to explore any current opportunities local netball organisations are recruiting for.
- If you have a Vitality Netball Superleague club you support or netball club or league you are linked to you can ask who their volunteer coordinator is and if they need any help.
- If you are interested in volunteering at events (Love my Day): complete this expression of interest form and someone will be in touch to let you know what event-based opportunities are coming up.
- Get in touch with your local England Netball team or us nationally, with a brief description of what your motivations are and what help you need, so we can signpost you to the right type of opportunities.
6. Enjoy the amazing benefits of supporting us and enrich more lives through netball!
*When individuals are motivated in these areas many of the opportunities require you to be a member of England Netball, the Region and County you want to volunteer within. If you play this would already be covered within your playing membership, if you don’t play you can register as a playing or social & supporting member. Find out more.