Changes to membership for the 2019/20 season!
Throughout 2018 England Netball has been reviewing the current membership offer.
At the 2018 Annual General Meeting a number of changes were implemented and since then we have been consulting with members, the regions and counties to see how membership can be improved. With this in mind, the following changes will come into effect for the 2019/20 membership year:
- Earlier release of membership – membership packages were available to purchase earlier than usual to give you more time to get signed up
- Removal of minimum fees – clubs will no longer have to pay for a minimum of 10 players. Membership fees will only be payable for individuals wishing to become members
- Young Persons Groups will be converted to Netball Clubs – for a club that currently has an Adult Club and separate Young Persons Group within MyNet, the two will be able to be merged into a single club* in the new system
- Fewer fee variations – to simplify membership, each county and region will set a single fee per age group, which will be payable in order to become a member of that county or region (to receive their benefits and access playing opportunities in that area). Complicated First and Second Claim Fees will be no more – this will make it simpler to understand what fee you need to pay
- Consistent Taster Rate discount – regions and counties will operate the same 50% discount for those eligible for the taster rate from March 2020
*subject to competition regulations.
New era new system!
As part of the changes, we are developing a digital infrastructure to better support the sport in this digital era. We have launched the new ENgage administration system which, in advance of the 2019/20 membership year, will have the following functions to support the delivery and administration of our sport:
- Free websites
- Online membership payment
- Club administration
- Club finder tool
- Competition management system
- Qualification record added to profile
Below you can access further information relevant to you and your involvement in netball: