England Netball officiating qualifications and workshops are delivered by a team of qualified tutors, assessors and internal verifiers, who are employed directly by England Netball to deliver a range of opportunities across the country.
England Netball recruits new tutors and assessors, depending on the demand that is required.
We are looking to hear from people with the following skills and experience:
- Member of England Netball
- QTS (or equivalent i.e. ADL) or Assessors qualification (or equivalent i.e. AVRAA)
- Active Europe Netball B Award Umpire (for 2 years)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the game & the rules
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Well-developed philosophy of teaching
- Proven officiating ability over an extended period
England Netball offers two pathways to become accredited as an Officiating Tutor which can be found here.
The England Netball Officiating Tutor Pathway is also open to those individuals who hold qualified teaching status or equivalent awards from other sports or from industry. Qualified individuals will be required to follow the same modular sign off and observation process as above to be added to the England Netball list of approved Officiating Tutors.
During recruitment, tutors and assessors will be asked to complete a formal recruitment process before they are selected to be a part of the team to ensure that we are recruiting a quality network of people.
Award in Delivering Learning
England Netball offer the Level 3 Award in Delivering Learning (ADL), which is a formally recognised qualification for people who are wanting to become a tutor.
Attending an ADL course does not guarantee someone a role as an England Netball tutor, however, it is a very important pre-requisite and an excellent course should you wish to pursue a role in tutoring. Anyone who wishes to be considered as an England Netball tutor will need to apply through the application process when applications are open for consideration.
There are also financial benefits to becoming a qualified Officiating Tutor together with the remuneration rates available as part of the application process.
- Travel and subsistence allowance
- Employment through England Netball
- Provision for Continual Personal Development Training Programmes
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please contact Michaela Scowen, L&D Workforce Manager on email@example.com