Netball fans across the UK can watch all of Team England’s Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games matches at free screenings as England Netball teams up with a series of venues to inspire and excite audiences this summer.
England Netball, South London’s iconic Pop Brixton and popular pub chain, The Botanist in Birmingham, Alderley Edge and West Bridgford, Nottingham, are working together to create a series of designated ‘screening hubs’ where fans can come together, watch the sold-out games and enjoy the tournament as it unfolds.
More than 319,000 people play netball at least twice a month in the UK making it one of the most widely played participation sports in the country. The sport’s popularity has risen since the last Commonwealth Games when Team England – having reached their first major final – stunned favourites Australia to claim gold with a last-gasp goal from Helen Housby. The final was watched by a whopping 1.8m people either live or via the re-run later that day on the BBC.
Fran Connolly, CEO of England Netball said: “We know that seeing international netball and world class athletes on our TV screens at moments like this inspire and excite a nation. We want more people than ever before to watch our sport and see first-hand how thrilling the game is at elite level.
“We are delighted to partner with Pop Brixton and The Botanist to bring fans together to watch Team England defend their title on home soil and enjoy what will be a spectacle for our sport this summer.”
Team England’s Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth netball games schedule kicks off on Friday 29 July with England versus. Trinidad and Tobago.
The full schedule is:
- Friday 29 July 12pm – 3.30pm – England vs. Trinidad and Tobago
- Saturday 30 July 12pm – 3.30pm England vs. Malawi
- Monday 1 August 6pm – 9.30pm – England vs. Northern Ireland
- Tuesday 2 August 6pm – 9.30pm – England vs. Uganda
- Thursday 4 August 7pm – 10.30pm – England vs. New Zealand
- Friday 5 August 9am – 1pm 11 vs. 12 and 9 vs. 10, 2.30pm – 6.30pm 7 vs. 8 and 5 vs. 6
- Saturday 6 August 9am – 11am – Semi Final 1
- Saturday 6 August 2.30pm – 4.30pm – Semi Final 2
- Sunday 7 August 1.30pm – 3.30pm – Bronze Medal Match
- Sunday 7 August 8.30pm – 10.30pm – Final
Booking is advised. England Netball members also get 10% of all food & drink at participating The Botanist venues.