England Netball is delighted to announce the U17 squad selected to take part in the upcoming Netball Europe U17 Championship.
After holding trials in Warwick, a squad of 12 athletes have been chosen to represent England U17 at the forthcoming event in Wales from 6-8 March.
England will face off against Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Switzerland in a bid to win gold.
The athletes selected for the Netball Europe U17 Championship are as follows:
- Peace Akinyemi (London Pulse)
- Bella Baylis (VC) (Saracens Mavericks)
- Georgie Brock-Taylor (Loughborough Lightning)
- Libby Burgess (Saracens Mavericks)
- Eva Chater (Saracens Mavericks)
- Savannah Dada-Mascoll (Manchester Thunder)
- Hannah Diamond (Manchester Thunder)
- Kaedin Gumbs (Manchester Thunder)
- Molly Hole (C) (Team Bath)
- Sophie Kelly (Surrey Storm)
- Bethan Lount (Loughborough Lightning)
- Silvia McCarthy* (Manchester Thunder)
Reserves: Bridget Morgan (Manchester Thunder)*.
*Subject to Fitness
The squad will be led by Head Coach Victoria Burgess and Assistant Coach Sheonah Forbes.
Head Coach Victoria Burgess said: “Netball Europe is a fantastic competition for the girls selected to gain exposure and understand what it is like to represent your country.
“We have an exciting group of athletes selected and I look forward to seeing our young Roses develop and perform at the competition.”
England won the previous edition of the tournament in 2019 at the University of Huddersfield, completing a clean sweep en route to the trophy.