As part of the roadmap for the return of community netball we’re supporting all Walking Netball hosts by providing activity cards specific to and compliant with the return to netball restart guidance.
All activities have been planned with the current social distancing measures and sanitisation protocols in mind and should be used in line with current England Netball and Government guidelines.
Notes for hosts using the activity cards:
- The activity cards are designed for hosts to utilise with their players
- Please ensure players are suitably warmed up prior to undertaking the activities (note for some Walking Netball Activity cards they can be used as warm up activities)
- Hosts should adapt intensity of the activity depending on stage of return of their walking netballs and can work through the adaptions on the cards at their own pace
- Where the use of a ‘cone’ is referenced in the equipment section of the card please note this can be replaced by a safe alternative such as a floor spot or court line depending on your environment and equipment available
- Some of these cards encourage participants to work independently with no equipment sharing. Likewise some have been modified to involve a “self-feed”, i.e. a player throwing/catching a ball up to themselves using own netball; or retrieving ball from stationary position on ground to minimise equipment sharing
- A variety of activities have been included to incorporate a range of possible group sizes, space, equipment and ability of your group.
- Please ensure you adhere to all other England Netball COVID-19 guidance when using the activity cards
Further information may be found in our FAQs here