The B Award course is designed for those umpires who wish to take the next step on the umpire pathway and officiate matches at a regional level. This blended course will build on current knowledge, introduce additional techniques and provide learner’s with examples and exercises in a practical setting to develop their performances on court.
Who is this course for?
Perfect for those that have gained the C Award and are officiating at grassroots level with aspirations to umpire at a higher level.
*U16 accredited umpires who hold the C Award may progress along the B Award pathway but may not take the practical assessment until they are 16.
Please do not apply for this course if you are looking for recent updates. CPD Workshops for C Award Umpires looking to upskill but not wishing to proceed to the B Award qualification will be released in the new year.
What will I need to do?
- Be a full member of England Netball
- Attend all sessions of the designated course including the practical session – please note that we do not allow learners to move from course to course.
- Have access to a computer and the internet to be able to access the virtual sessions and participate fully
- Be prepared to gain further practical umpiring experience in your own time
- Complete the associated written assessment no later than 2 years following the scheduling of your practical session
After you attend the course you will be able to:
- Apply the rules in a more demanding game environment
- Understand the Match Guidelines
- Begin to apply advantage where appropriate
- Have a better understanding of the importance of good vision, positioning and timing
- Demonstrate the difference between Contact that does or does not interfere with play
- Utilise effective Game Management techniques
- Understand the requirements to progress along the B Award officiating pathway