This course is the next step on the umpire pathway for those holders of the Into Officiating Award. It’s perfect for those of you aspiring to umpire at a higher level within your County. The course builds on the knowledge you learnt on your Into Officiating course and introduces the basics of Contact/Contest and Advantage.
Who is this course for?
If you want to umpire in local and/or county leagues on a regular basis
*Must be 14 years of age before taking the final practical assessment (see pathway for further information)
** Must hold the full Into Officiating Award.
What will I need to do?
- Attend both virtual sessions of the designated course, please note that we do not allow learners to move from course to course.
- Have access to a computer and the internet to be able to access the virtual sessions.
- Be prepared to practice umpiring netball before attending a Practical Assessments
- Be a full member of England Netball.
After you attend the course you will:
- Improve your current understanding and knowledge of the rules of the game
- Improve your umpiring skills by identifying/observing and penalising infringements of the rules
- Be able to demonstrate how positioning, movement and vision impacts on an umpires performance
- Begin to develop an awareness of when it is appropriate to playing Advantage
- Have an awareness of Contact v Contest
- Understand the importance of Game Management for control and discipline