Building on the rules knowledge gained through the Into Officiating Award, the C Award Umpire Course is the second step on the Officiating pathway.
Who is this course for?
If you want to umpire in local and/or county leagues on a regular basis and have a good understanding of the rules.
How do I book?
1. Firstly, you need to be a full England Netball member to access the course. If you aren’t already a member, find out how you can become a member here
2. Once you are a registered member, enter your postcode in our Course Finder
3. Once you find the course that you wish to attend, select ‘More’
4. Download and complete the booking form attachment
5. Email your completed booking form to the individual under the ‘Organiser’ section
6. Await an email with payment details from the course organiser
After you attend the course you will:
- Improve your current understanding and knowledge of the rules of the game
- Improve your umpiring skills by identifying/observing and penalising infringements of the rules
- Be able to demonstrate how positioning, movement and vision impacts on an umpires performance
- Begin to develop an awareness of when it is appropriate to playing advantage
- Have an awareness of Contact v Contest
- Understand the importance of Game Management for control and discipline