Recommended as the first step of the Officiating Pathway, the Into Officiating course provides an introduction to umpiring in netball. You’ll be introduced to the rules and their application delivered through theory and practical elements.
Who is this course for?
The course is perfect for those that want to get to know the rules of netball and to officiate at the local level or in a school environment.
How do I book?
1. Firstly, you need to be a full England Netball member to access the course. If you aren’t already a member, find out how you can become a member here
2. Once you are a registered member, fill out the booking form
3. Enter your postcode in the Course Finder
4. Once you find the course that you wish to attend, select ‘More’
5. Email your completed booking form to the individual under the ‘Organiser’ section
6. Await an email with payment details from the course organiser
By successfully completing the Into Officiating Course, you’ll:
- Improve your understanding of the rules of netball
- Gain the basic knowledge and skills to undertake umpiring at netball matches
- Be able to keep an accurate scorecard
- Understand the requirements to progress along the officials pathway