Start your coaching journey with our England Netball Level 1 course, providing you as a learner with an introduction to coaching the game and working with players, from under 7 to open age. Following the completion of the course, you will be able to assist more qualified coaches in delivering aspects of coaching sessions.
Who is this course for?
Perfect for those who are at least 16 years of age, who wish to start coaching netball. You will need to have an understanding of the rules and a sound knowledge and experience of the game.
What will I need to do?
- Attend all 3 virtual sessions of the designated course and the associated professional discussion. Please note that we do not allow learners to move from course to course
- Have access to a computer and the internet to be able to access the virtual sessions and to access our e-portfolio assessment system
- We require learners to show an original form of photo ID to their assessor at the start of their professional discussion. This can be a passport, drivers license or ID card. Failure to do this will prohibit you from taking your assessment and gaining your qualification
If you have learning difficulties that make this assessment system unsuitable for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before you book on to the course and we will try to make alternative arrangements for you.
By successfully completing the Level 1 coaching qualification, you’ll be able to:
- Assist more qualified coaches in delivering aspects of coaching sessions (normally under direct supervision)
- Learn more about the basics of the game
‘I have really enjoyed completing the course virtually. The tutor made the course very enjoyable and positive’.
‘A huge thank you for all of the information and the support documents for the course. All organisation/logistics of the course has been great.’
There are 3 virtual sessions of 2 ½ hours and a professional discussion of 1 hour. You will also need to practice a coaching session in your own coaching environment between the third virtual session and your professional discussion.
The course will be assessed via a professional discussion which will be based on a session that you have delivered in your own coaching environment (ie, club or school).
To secure your place on a course you have to pay via our online booking and payment function. Once you have paid you can then use your booking confirmation to claim back your course fee from your employer/club.
Your certificate will be posted via our awarding body once all your tasks have been signed off. The awarding body normally takes between 10-12 weeks to send out a learner’s certificate once they have been notified by England Netball that a learner has successfully completed the course.