Progress your coaching journey with our England Netball Level 2 course, equipping you to fulfill the level 2 coach role duties of preparing for, delivering and reviewing coaching sessions.
Who is the course for?
Perfect for those who have been an active coach in netball for a minimum of 2 years or have a Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Netball.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have full membership of England Netball
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Have the specified UK Coaching Safeguarding and Protecting Children training certificate before the end of the course content delivery. You will need to upload a copy of your certificate onto your e-portfolio
- Have one of the recognised First Aid at Work certificates in the link below by the end of the course content delivery. You will need to upload a copy of your certificate onto your e-portfolio
Please click here for information on what we accept for First Aid and Safeguarding courses as we will be unable to certificate you if the courses do not meet this criteria.
If you have learning difficulties that make this assessment system unsuitable for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before you book on to the course and we will try to make alternative arrangements for you.
What will I need to do?
- Attend all virtual and face to face sessions of the designated course and the associated professional discussion. Please note that we do not allow learners to move from course to course.
- Have access to a computer and the internet to be able to access the virtual course sessions and our e-portfolio assessment system.
- We require learners to show an original form of photo ID to their assessor at the start of their professional discussion. This can be a passport, drivers license or ID card. Failure to do this will prohibit you from taking your assessment and gaining your qualification.
By successfully completing the Level 2 coaching qualification, you’ll be able to:
- Plan a series of coaching sessions.
- Prepare the coaching environment for the delivery of coaching sessions.
- Deliver a series of coaching sessions to develop the participant’s performance.
- Monitor and evaluate coaching sessions and personal practice.
The new way the course has been delivered has enabled me to attend the Level 2 course this year, as the virtual learning reduces time and travelling so much, I even got to netball in the afternoons! The trainer was great and I believe this method meets all learning styles as you still get the face-to-face weekend for the kinesthetic learner. I feel I have bonded with other delegates virtually, learning so much from them too and I am looking forward to delivering my sessions. I believe this method of training enables more inclusivity for coaches to attend as you can really work around other commitments in life.
JulieCumberland Netball Club coach
Just wanted to let you know how impressed I was with the virtual Level 2 course, the ease of being able to do the virtual sessions from home and limited face-to-face was so useful. I’ve been trying to attend a course for years but with playing it always clashed with my weekend matches! I was deemed competent at the end of July and my certificate arrived already and it is all up to date on ENgage.
I thought the course was excellent; I feel in myself that improvements have been made. It was very worthwhile, and very beneficial.
You don’t need to be an expert player to be a coach. It was an intense two days, but it was fun and enjoyable.
The course delivery is spread over 3 months.
The course consists of 3 virtual sessions of 3 hours spread over three different dates. There are 2 days of face to face delivery and 1 virtual professional discussion on a different date, lasting for an hour.
Yes, please bring lunch, any snacks you may require and plenty to drink.
The course will be assessed via 5 written tasks and a professional discussion which will be based on a session that you have recorded in your own coaching environment (ie, club or school).
To secure your place on a course you have to pay via our online booking and payment function. Once you have paid you can then use your booking confirmation to claim back your course fee from your employer/club.
Your certificate will be posted by our awarding body once all your tasks have been signed off and the appropriate First Aid and Safeguarding certificates uploaded onto your e-portfolio. The awarding body normally takes between 10-12 weeks to send out a learner’s certificate once they have been notified by England Netball that a learner has successfully completed the course.