It is unacceptable for anyone involved in netball, nor in any sport or society, to experience online abuse and harassment and it will not be tolerated nor accepted in any part of our game.
We want our platforms and those of the Netball Family to be free from hate, abuse, racism or any kind of harassment. We want our channels to be a space for people to come together and celebrate the sport we love.
We ask every member of the Netball Family to familiarise themselves with our Codes of Conduct and take action against online abuse wherever they see or experience it.
What should I do to report online abuse?
We would encourage all members and connected participants to report online abuse via the relevant processes in these England Netball policies:
- Social Media Policy
- Anti-bullying and Harassment Policy
- Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Regulations
- Safeguarding Policies
Who should I get in touch with?
There are many contacts listed in the policies above but here are some key ones:
- email@example.com if you have a complaint about the behaviour of a member or connected participant (including online abuse or harassment)
- firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a safeguarding concern
- We would also encourage anyone to report any online abuse or any form of hate crime to the police via True Vision
Urgent cases should always be referred to the Police and emergency services by calling 999.
What action will England Netball take?
- We will remove any abusive and hateful comments posted on our social media channels and block the users who post them
- We will report online abuse to the relevant social media platforms and report serious cases to the police
- We will take action through our Disciplinary Regulations where applicable, in line with our policies