Following the update earlier today from the government on the coronavirus outbreak and the progression of its action plan to move from the ‘containment’ to ‘delay’ phase and more specifically the update regarding sporting events, a Health Advisory Group within England Netball has reviewed the information provided and can confirm that the National Schools Finals will continue as planned on Saturday 14th March.
We have reviewed the latest government advice, which is available on the government website here. With specific guidance for employers and businesses from Public Health England available here and within educational settings here.
We will be working with the venue for National Schools Finals to ensure the following provisions are made as the health and safety of the Netball Family continues to be of the upmost importance to us:
- Soap dispensers, hand towels, are available in public areas at all venues.
- Hand washing signs in public toilets are displayed to ensure a proper hand washing technique is used.
- Match day staff/volunteers will be provided with small bottles of hand sanitiser.
- Information will be displayed at the event reminding all participants of key tips and advice.
- A room will be made available for anyone attending that becomes unwell and that may require being isolated.
Please continue to refer to the advice given by Public Health England (PHE) to prevent the potential spreading of the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the bin.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home.
Upon arrival to the event on Saturday, we will be asking all schools to sign a document to confirm they have read and understand the measures that have been put in place.
We will continue to keep all participants/ teams updated should there be any further developments after this time.