The health and safety of the Netball Family, whether you’re a member, player, volunteer, staff member or fan, is our main priority, particularly during this busy season with competitions and leagues running across the country at all levels of the game including the Vitality Netball Superleague.
Currently, there are no plans to cancel, postpone or otherwise change any of the national competition and events England Netball delivers, however we are aware that the coronavirus outbreak is a very fluid and rapidly changing situation. We are in regular contact with the relevant authorities and venues, franchises and all key partners and stakeholders to monitor the situation.
We will continue to follow advice from Public Health England, the World Health Organisation and both local and national government on this matter.
We would like to draw the attention of anyone who attends any netball event or activity to the following general advice:
- Frequently clean your hands in soap and water, or with an alcohol-based hand rub. We will endeavor to provide additional hand sanitizers where possible
- If you cough or sneeze, please cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash your hands
- Avoid contact with anyone who has a fever or cough
- Avoid unnecessary contact with ‘high touch’ areas such as handrails, lift buttons, door handles, surfaces etc
- If you experience difficulty breathing, have a high temperature or cough, please stay at home and contact a medical advisor by phone
- Players are entitled, should they wish, not to shake hands or have any other form of physical contact with their opponent or officials (for example at the end of their match)
- Fans are advised that during this time players may not feel comfortable interacting with fans to their usual level and so it may be more difficult to obtain autographs or pictures with players. Fans are thanked for their understanding at this time.
If you are considering attending a netball event in any capacity and have recently returned to the UK from overseas, particularly affected parts of the world, we would like to draw your attention to the following advice from the UK Government: http://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public