England Netball are pleased to be delivering at the Sport Show a the NEC in Birmingham this coming June.
Between the 24th and 26th June 2016 we will be running the Netball World at the event providing an opportunity for people to experience netball and hopefully encourage them to take up our great sport!
This event has two parts; Friday 24th June is a corporate activity day where each sport will deliver a team challenge to groups of corporate teams.
Then the 25th and 26th will be exhibition days targeted at families showcasing a wide range of sports across the weekend.
We are looking for volunteers to support the delivery of this event in the following roles (Please note volunteers are required to be over the age of 18):
Event Crew – role includes:
- Management of Netball World entry zone
- Running activities within the skills zone e.g. shooting challenges, Crazy catch etc.
- Engaging with visitors and directing movement throughout the Netball World including transition between sessions
- Encouraging visitors to Netball World
- General event support to ensure smooth running and quality service
Facilitators – candidates require a minimum of UKCC Level 1 and/or C Umpire Award to undertake this role. Role includes:
- Coaching of sessions e.g. Back to Netball, High 5, junior sessions, walking netball, skills sessions etc.
- Umpiring of matches e.g. 7 a-side, High5, Walking Netball
- Plus all tasks listed in Event Crew role
How it will work!
Friday 24th June: Delivery from 10.30-18.30 (1 hour lunch break).
You will need to be available for the full duration of the day and arrive 30 minutes early for briefing and final preparation.
We will be delivering a 30 minute challenge to a group of teams with a new group of teams every 55 minutes.
Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th June: Delivery from 8.30-18.30.
You will need to be available for the full duration of the day and arrive 15 minutes early for briefing and final preparations.
In the Netball World we will be running matches, delivering sessions, facilitating fun skills challenges and engaging with visitors to promote further netball participation opportunities.
During the day you will get 3 hours off to experience the Sports Show for yourself free of charge!
How to apply:
If you are interested in volunteering at this exciting event please complete the application at the following link: https://surveys.englandnetball.co.uk/index.php/326165?newtest=Y
Deadline for applications is the 13th May 2016.