As the dust settles on what was an amazing spectacular of netball at the Vitality Netball World Cup, Team Coaching have been reflecting and reviewing on the Biggest Summer of Netball on how we can take what we have learnt to support you, our coaches! Here are some of our highlights below:
- Bee Netball was launched and the country are buzzing to encourage more U11s to play the game while learning and developing lots of other important skills
- During July this year, our social media reached over 30,000 people on Facebook and made 67.1K impressions on Twitter!!
- We recognised and celebrated the amazing work of our volunteers up and down the country at our Vitality Goalden Globes!
- Make the Game LIVErpool saw just under 200 coaches attending across both days, learning from some of the best in the business from English Superleague coaches to members of the International Netball Federation Coaching Advisory Panel and coaches from 18 countries attending
- 114 coaches will receive a fully funded place on a UKCC Level 1 Assistant Coach qualification thanks to Vitality UK’s pledge to support grassroots coaches up and down the country!
- Our inaugural Bee Netball workshop was delivered in Liverpool alongside the Vitality Netball World Cup, with coaches and teachers leaving feeling inspired, empowered and enthused about delivering to our next generation of netballers
- Our very first Masterclass on the Couch took place alongside the England v Trinidad and Tobago game, with 43 coaches engaging with our digital learning session
- People told us how they felt inspired and enthused after the Vitality Netball World Cup to begin their coaching journey, or progress onto the next step by completing their UKCC Level 2 qualification or try something new with their coaching!
So how has the Vitality Netball World Cup helped us prepare for the season ahead?
Make the Game LIVErpool content will be coming to you VERY soon… We know sometimes it is not always possible to attend conferences and workshops, so we are bringing Make the Game LIVErpool to you! We invited a filming crew to come along to our Make the Game LIVErpool coaching conferences, and all four sessions will soon be available for coaches to purchase and watch at a time that is convenient for you! Keep your eyes peeled on our social media channels for more information on when these will become available soon…
Have you heard the buzz?! This year we launched our amazing new child centred programme for children 5-11 years old… Bee Netball! The programme is designed for children to take part in the sport as well as learn valuable skills, values and beliefs.
Schools and clubs can sign up for free and receive access to The Hive which includes lots of handy information about the framework and how to set up a Bee Netball session – https://www.englandnetball.co.uk/bee-netball/
Do you have an awesome child centred activity you would like to share? Let us know as we would love to hear from you :)
Masterclass on the Couch will be returning! After running our inaugural live Masterclass on the Couch, we received some really great feedback from coaches about the opportunity and experience, and are now looking at planning our next live online learning opportunity! Information about our next Masterclass on the Couch will be shared on our social media channels in the upcoming months…
Back to Netball Conversations (with Coffee and Cake!)
We are committed to reviewing and reinvigorating the support we give to Back to Netball Coaches to ensure your netball coaching experience is the best possible. So, over the next few months we will be travelling up and down the Country to talk to you, our coaches and ask you what you think so we can find out the best ways to support you!
We want to ensure you feel supported and inspired to grow in confidence as deliverers, as well as ensure every back to netball session that happens includes all of the magic ingredients that make it such a fantastic programme. We would like to run a number of focus groups with coaches who are currently or have previously coached Back to Netball to ask them questions about their experience, any challenges they face and what support they would like to receive from England Netball, and we would love for you to be involved! Send us an email (address linked below) to find out how to get involved.
We want to make bite size learning more accessible and frequent for our coaches – so this season we will be increasing the number of blogs we release including top tips, fresh ideas and sharing coaching journeys from our coaching family.
We would love to hear from YOU!
If you have a fantastic practice to share, or would like to share your knowledge on a particular topic for coach development drop us an email on email@example.com
A huge thank you from us to all our coaches, coach educators, walking netball hosts, tutors, assessors, teachers, volunteers and young leaders for your passion and drive to help our sport grow up and down the country! Coaches really do make the game and it would not be possible without you all!
Team Coaching x